Wonderful opportunity to join a progressive, fast-paced well established organization. University Emergency Medicine Foundation (UEMF) is an Academic Emergency Medical Practice affiliated with the Brown University School of Medicine. UEMF provides staffing of Board Certified Emergency Physicians to the region's only Level I Trauma Center as well as the State's only Children's Specialty Emergency Department; and to a leading Community Hospital.
UEMF is currently seeking a professional, positive, and self- motivated individual to assume our full-time, 40 hour per week Administrative Assistant position. This position will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Director of Revenue Operations and to several of our Emergency Medicine Physicians. The Administrative Assistant will perform general clerical and reception duties including but not limited to: answering telephones, taking minutes, copying, collating, scanning, filing, sorting mail, data entry, ordering supplies, pulling medical records/charts, scheduling appointments and/or meetings, coordinating maintenance requests, and greeting visitors.
- Associates degree or higher preferred. In lieu of a degree, a High School Diploma and secretarial training at an accredited school with at least 5 plus years administrative assistant experience required.
- Superior communication skills and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Must possess excellent language skills, i.e., spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Cordial telephone etiquette and courteous demeanor.
- Experience with general office procedures.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Good computer skills in Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint are required. Access is preferred.
To apply for this position, please follow the link below:
Exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-paced, well-established physician practice. University Emergency Medicine Foundation (UEMF) is an Academic Emergency Medical Practice affiliated with the Brown University School of Medicine. UEMF provides staffing of Board Certified Emergency Physicians to the region's only Level I Trauma Center as well as the state's only children's specialty Emergency Department; and to a leading community hospital. Over 200,000 patients annually are treated by UEMF providers.
We are currently seeking a dedicated, self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic to assume the role of Coding Manager. This full-time position will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Coding department including, but not limited to: providing supervision to the Coding Team, maintaining the coding policies and procedures, researching and answering coding questions, overseeing chart tracking, coordinating and overseeing the coding systems, staying abreast of industry changes, and coding when necessary. We are seeking someone who is professional and responsible, possessing the ability to lead by example.
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree in Medical Office Procedures, Health Information, Healthcare Administration, or related field with at least 5 years experience in Medical Coding
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Certified Professional Coder Certificate (CPC), Certified Coding Specialist- Physician based Certificate (CCS-P), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or a related certificate required
- Must be certified by AAPC or AHIMA
- Current knowledge of ICD-9 CM and CPT-4 coding, billing, medical terminology, and compliance standards required
- Must have a proven record of good supervisory and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to assess department processes and recommend/implement changes
- Demonstrates ability to clearly communicate verbally and in written form
- Ability to prioritize and organize a variety of tasks to support departmental needs
- Good computer skills required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a proficiency in Microsoft Excel required and Access preferred
To apply to this position, please follow the link below:
Emergency Medicine Development Program for Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners
The core curriculum affords new graduates exposure to weekly resident conferences and learning opportunities in addition to extended clinical mentoring time through department rotations with RIH EM Midlevels. The Emergency Medicine development year at RIH will enhance the medical knowledge and clinical skills of Midlevels in the field of emergency medicine through various focused educational activities. During the development year, our EM Midlevels receive 5 hours of didactic conferences each week, while building their clinical acumen through hands-on training in the emergency department. In addition to the didactic learning, the year will also include participation in procedure workshops and lectures to ensure competencies in common ER procedures. Each new graduate is also provided the opportunity to participate in ACLS, ATLS and gain exposure to our Medical Simulation Center. New graduates will rotate through adult and pediatric sites involved in active, supervised patient management.
The Emergency Medicine Development program is a 12 month postgraduate training program. Eligible applicants must have:
- Master's degree from an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program
- Current NCCPA certification
- Rhode Island state licensure/eligible
- Three letters of recommendation (if employed, one letter from current supervising attending physician; if in school, one letter from faculty member)
- GPA of 3.0 or better in PA/NP school
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal interview
- Personal statement
- School Transcripts (sent to the address below)
Qualified candidates: please submit your CV, personal statement and letters of recommendation to:
We offer competitive wages and excellent benefits, including: flexible schedule, health, dental, life, long term disability, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, and a generous retirement plan.
UEMF is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Race, color, sex, creed, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, age, military reserve membership, sexual orientation, marital status or other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws are not factors in hiring, promotion, compensation, termination or any other aspect of employment. UEMF strives for a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment.
Employment Contact Information
Interested candidates may send a cover letter expressing their interest in a position, and resume or CV to the attention of Danielle Renzo, Director of Human Resources.