Exciting opportunity to join a fast paced, enthusiastic medical coding team for a growing, high-volume Emergency Medicine Physician Practice.
We are seeking several highly motivated, professional, and experienced Medical Coders for to join our unique practice. The Medical Coder will be responsible for timely and accurate abstraction, clarification, and computer input of medical providers’ services from medical records, utilizing the appropriate CPT-4 procedure codes and ICD-9-CM diagnosis codes.
The candidate must have knowledge of ICD-9 CM and CPT-4 coding and medical terminology with E/M coding experience and a minimum of 1-2 years of related medical coding experience. Certified Professional Coder Certificate (CPC), Certified Coding Specialist- Physician based Certificate (CCS-P), or Related Health Information Administrator (RHIA) is preferred. In lieu of a certificate, a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent with at least 2-3 years of related medical/healthcare coding experience.
We are currently seeking a combination of full-time, part-time, and contract coders. Weekly schedule is flexible, and coders may have the ability to work remotely.
Please apply by clicking the link below:
Medical Office Administrator
We are currently seeking a computer savvy, dynamic leader as a full-time Medical Office Administrator for our Center for Sports Medicine outpatient practice.
The Medical Office Administrator’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Maintaining our electronic office flow by navigating through electronic medical records, online appointment scheduling, utilizing the computerized documentation program, and performing billing functions as needed
2. Maintaining the office by greeting patients and visitors, performing patient registration, checking and ensuring that insurance and demographic information is correct
3. Performing routine office duties, including: answering telephones, taking messages, retrieving medical records, scheduling appointments, and verifying patient appointments, making follow-up calls and managing the referral/authorization process, and obtaining pertinent information and reason for the visit
4. Assisting with medical exams and procedures, if needed
5. Documenting patient contact in charts; cleaning and sterilizing instruments
6. Cleaning and stocking exam rooms
The Medical Office Administrator must know the ins and outs of how a medical practice runs, and must be detail oriented and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and take initiative. Must have knowledge of third party medical billing, ICD-9 CM, CPT–4 coding, and medical terminology. Superb computer skills, since the medical practice has online scheduling for patients to make their own appointments, electronic medical records, and a computerized documentation program for physician authorizations, etc. Excellent communication and customer service skills are required since this individual will be the front person for the Center for Sports Medicine. A degree in medical office management or related field is preferred. Some medical assisting experience, preferred. Bi-lingual preferred.
Please apply for this position via the link below:
Assistant Billing Manager
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and professional full-time Assistant Medical Billing Manager to join our dynamic practice. The Assistant Billing Manager will be responsible for co-supervising the Medical Billing Department staff in the absence of the Billing Operations Manager, and will provide co- billing support as outlined below.
Significant Job Functions
a. Assists in UEMF’s day-to-day operation related to patient billing and collections procedures/systems
b. Assists with external auditors’ requests, if needed
c. Deals with third-party payor representatives and provider services to solve large-scale billing issues
d. Ensures the billing department balances daily
e. Resolves any operational problems/issues that arise
f. Promotes process improvements and assists in measuring outcomes
g. Prepares and processes all bank deposits, when needed
h. Provides leadership and mentorship to the Medical Billing Team
i. Responsible for the oversight of the Medical Billing Team and Department in the absence of the Billing Operations Manager
j. Assure timely and accurate processing of demographics, charges, payments, accounts receivables, patient statements, and deposits
1. Must have a Health Claim Specialist Certificate or related certificate with a minimum of 2-4 years of patient billing experience. In lieu of a certificate, a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent with at least 4- 5 years of related patient billing experience. Associates Degree in Medical Office Procedures preferred
2. Knowledge of ICD-9, CPT, CDT coding, and medical terminology
3. Must submit a background release form and demonstrate proof of being free from disqualifying information
4. Experience with practice management systems is required
5. Experience in the complete revenue cycle of a large medical practice
6. Some supervisory experience preferred
7. Must have a valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle as some transportation may be required
8. Cordial telephone etiquette and courteous demeanor, as well as good customer service skills
9. Must demonstrate ability to clearly communicate verbally and in written form
10. Ability to prioritize and organize a variety of tasks to support departmental needs
11. Good computer skills required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
12. Bilingual preferred
Please apply by clicking the link below:
Exciting opportunity available to join a dynamic work environment that provides for continuous development while gaining invaluable experience in the healthcare industry.
University Emergency Medicine Foundation (UEMF) in Providence, Rhode Island is seeking a highly organized self-starter for a 32-hour-per-week Administrative Assistant position. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, excellent communication and organizational skills, and an thorough understanding of confidentiality in the workplace. Candidate should be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint. Facility with MS Access and Publisher is a plus. A minimum of an Associate’s degree is preferred.
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Director of Human Resources and will also be responsible for providing administrative support to the Director of Finance, Director of Revenue Operations, and selected Emergency Medicine physicians. The Administrative Assistant will also maintain the administrative office to ensure that clerical needs are met for all Administrative staff and physicians.
- Performs general administrative duties for the Administration Department including, but not limited to: answering telephone, greeting visitors, copying, collating, scanning, filing, sorting and distributing mail, and other duties as assigned
- Assists Administration Staff and Physicians with maintaining file systems: filing materials and updating files utilizing Microsoft Excel, Access, and other processes, as required
- Organizes and scans electronic files, as needed. This includes, but is not limited to: personnel files, Human Resources files, Finance files, and Medical Billing files
- Calendar maintenance for UEMF Directors and selected physicians
- Coordinates and prepares for organization meetings
- Takes minutes at meetings as assigned
- Coordinates maintenance requests and projects
- Maintains a professional attitude when interacting with staff, vendors, and other community agency representatives
- Associates degree or higher preferred. In lieu of a degree, a high school diploma and secretarial training at an accredited school with at least 5 years administrative assistant experience required.
- Superior communication skills and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Must possess excellent language skills (i.e., spelling, grammar, and punctuation)
- Cordial telephone etiquette and courteous demeanor
- Experience with general office procedures
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook are required. Access experience preferred.
- Excellent typing skills required (50+WPM)
- Must possess ability to always maintain a professional demeanor and to keep protected information confidential
Please apply by clicking the link below:
Emergency Medicine Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners
Two academically exciting, busy emergency departments in beautiful coastal Rhode Island seek experienced emergency medicine PA’S for full-time positions. Join us at Rhode Island Hospital and The Miriam Hospital Emergency Departments. Both hospital sites are teaching facilities affiliated with Brown University and host a large EM residency. Rhode Island Hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center with an adult patient volume exceeding 105,000 annual visits in our top-rated facility. We host a large main ED, Chest Pain Unit, and an Emergency Behavioral Health Unit.
Our increasing patient volume at both facilities necessitates expanding our Midlevel staffing. We are recruiting candidates with a minimum of 2 years of EM experience. Qualified candidates interested in excellent salary/benefits, along with the opportunity to advance their clinical practice and grow professionally in an academic setting, should send their CV to;
E-mail/mail CV to: Allison Jackson
Emergency Medicine Development Program for Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners
The core curriculum affords new graduates exposure to weekly resident conferences and learning opportunities in addition to extended clinical mentoring time through department rotations with RIH EM Midlevels. The Emergency Medicine development year at RIH will enhance the medical knowledge and clinical skills of Midlevels in the field of emergency medicine through various focused educational activities. During the development year, our EM Midlevels receive 5 hours of didactic conferences each week, while building their clinical acumen through hands-on training in the emergency department. In addition to the didactic learning, the year will also include participation in procedure workshops and lectures to ensure competencies in common ER procedures. Each new graduate is also provided the opportunity to participate in ACLS, ATLS and gain exposure to our Medical Simulation Center. New graduates will rotate through adult and pediatric sites involved in active, supervised patient management.
The Emergency Medicine Development program is a 12 month postgraduate training program. Eligible applicants must have:
- Master's degree from an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program
- Current NCCPA certification
- Rhode Island state licensure/eligible
- Three letters of recommendation (if employed, one letter from current supervising attending physician; if in school, one letter from faculty member)
- GPA of 3.0 or better in PA/NP school
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal interview
- Personal statement
- School Transcripts (sent to the address below)
UEMF offers competitive wages and excellent benefits, including: flexible schedule, health, dental, life, long term disability, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, and a generous retirement plan.
UEMF is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Race, color, sex, creed, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, age, military reserve membership, sexual orientation, marital status or other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws are not factors in hiring, promotion, compensation, termination or any other aspect of employment. UEMF strives for a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment.
Employment Contact Information
Interested candidates may send a cover letter expressing their interest in a position, and resume or CV to the attention of Danielle Renzo, Director of Human Resources.