Clinical Scribe Manager
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and professional full-time Clinical Scribe Manager. Under the direction of the Medical Director of UEMF’s Scribe program, the Clinical Scribe Manager’s primary responsibility will be to provide oversight to the scribe program and manage the scribes in the clinical setting. He or she will work closely with the Administrative Scribe Manager, the Director of Revenue Operations, and UEMF Administration.
1. Must possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
2. Works well in professional, fast-paced setting.
3. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Proficiency with electronic health records.
5. Adroit at creating multimedia training materials.
6. Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel or equivalent.
7. Preferred familiarity with Epic EMR, Medical Record Documentation, Medical Coding, or prior clinical experience.
8. Must submit a background check release form and demonstrate proof of being free from disqualifying information.
Significant Job Functions
a. In conjunction with the Administrative Scribe Manager, provides leadership to Scribes including responding to any matters needing prompt resolution such as staffing changes, shift call-outs, IT problems, conflict resolution and other time sensitive issues.
b. In conjunction with the Administrative Scribe Manager, responsible for disciplining employees and recommending termination when necessary.
c. In conjunction with the Administrative Scribe Manager, creates and maintains program policies involving absenteeism, “on-call” scheduling, minimum competency requirements, time off, etc.
d. In conjunction with the Administrative Scribe Manager, will conduct performance evaluations.
e. Works with the Administrative Scribe Manager, Medical Director and Director of Revenue Operations to develop annual Scribe budget, which will be presented for approval to the UEMF Board of Directors.
Recruiting and Hiring, Education and Training, and Quality Control
a. Together with the Administrative Scribe Manager and Medical Director, reviews applications, makes interview selections, conducts interviews, and makes hiring decisions.
b. Trains new hires, including maintaining the scribe mentor program.
c. Oversees completion of minimum competency standards, elicits physician feedback and ensures ongoing clinical competency.
d. Develops training materials for new hires
e. Creates continuing education materials for the group.
f. Oversees chart compliance and quality.
g. Develops long and short-term objectives for the Scribe Program.
The Clinical Scribe Manager will also work clinical shifts in the Emergency Department.
a. Accompanies the physician during the patient encounter in order to transcribe the history and physical exam as the physician evaluates the patient.
b. Responsible for tracking laboratory and radiographic test results and transcribing them into the medical record.
c. Ensures records are complete and not lacking any required information needed for additional processing.
d. Become proficient in assigning accurate evaluation and management codes.
e. Audits physician charts and provide appropriate feedback.
Please apply for this position following the link below:
Payment Poster/Accounts Receivable Specialist
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and professional full-time Payment Poster/Accounts Receivable Specialist. Under the direction of the Billing Operations Manager, the Payment Poster/Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for posting medical payments into the practice management system. In addition, he or she will be responsible for the independent review and analysis of all areas of Accounts Receivable, auditing all Accounts Receivable related functions, and monitoring adherence to established policies.
1. Knowledge of ICD-9 CM, CPT -4 coding and medical terminology is required.
2. Experience with practice management systems is preferred.
3. Must submit a background release form and demonstrate proof of being free from disqualifying information.
4. Excellent verbal communication/customer service skills required.
5. Good computer/clerical skills are required.
6. Mentor coworkers within scope of responsibility
Significant Job Functions
1. Posting Payments
- Responsible for posting medical payment received and entering them into the practice management system.
- Responsible for posting and tracking attorney batch payments. Follows up with attorneys and patients to ensure payment.
- Maintains and tracks account receivable of liens on file, as needed.
- Responsible for collecting all information needed to process refunds in a timely fashion.
- Processing all denials on remits.
2. Accounts Receivable
a. Works with insurers to effectively resolve issues for claims over 30 days old in order to maximize reimbursement.
b. Processes electronic billing and billing edits.
c. Responsible for posting and processing denied claims.
d. Provides follow up on account receivable lien files.
e. On a regular basis, audits the accuracy of randomly-selected medical claims including diagnosis codes, insurance eligibility, and timeliness of filing.
f. Advises supervisor of findings and works with appropriate staff to resolve/correct any issues.
g. Works with external auditors.
3. Medical Billing
- Enters patient billing data information into the practice management system.
- Researches and responds to status of patient eligibility for hospital charges.
- Verifies insurance coverage for all third-party liability illnesses/injuries.
- Notifies supervisor of any credentialing/re-credentialing issues that may arise.
Please apply for this position using the link below:
We are currently seeking motivated, organized, professionals for both part-time and full-time roles for our Medical Scribe positions. This position is a great opportunity for an individual interested in beginning or furthering their career in healthcare. The Medical Scribe will be responsible for assisting our Emergency Department physicians in accurately documenting and transcribing patient encounters including histories and physical exams, working directly with the physicians to maximize efficiency and optimize patient throughput, tracking laboratory and radiographic test results and transcribing them into the medical record, retrieving prior patient records including former EKGs, test results and discharge summaries, gathering medical supplies as needed for various medical procedures, completing worker’s compensation forms, MRI screening forms and next day non-invasive forms, assigning accurate evaluation and management codes, auditing physician charts and providing appropriate feedback, ensuring records are complete, and generating discharge instructions and patient prescriptions as dictated by the ED physician.
Qualified candidates will have interest in furthering a career in the medical field and will work well in a fast past environment and willingness to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Good data entry and hand writing skills. Knowledge of medical terminology, preferred. Prior healthcare experience is an advantage.
Qualified candidates, please submit cover letter and resume using the link below:
UEMF offers competitive wages and excellent benefits, including: flexible schedule, health, dental, vision, life, long term disability, flexible spending account, paid time off, and a generous retirement plan.
UEMF is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Race, color, sex, creed, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, age, military reserve membership, sexual orientation, marital status or other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws are not factors in hiring, promotion, compensation, termination or any other aspect of employment. UEMF strives for a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment.
Employment Contact Information
Interested candidates may send a cover letter expressing their interest in a position, and resume or CV to the attention of Alison Anderson, Human Resources Generalist.